Welcome to Tracing Green
This website is dedicated to reporting and promoting the best in sustainable design, green building and eco-living in the North East of England.
The North East already has a lot to be proud of. Besides the numerous individuals and organisations working in sustainable design, construction and technology, we have some excellent research institutions including Northumbria university, and the National Renewable Energy Centre (NaREC) in Blyth. We also have a growing portfolio of green buildings including the Racecourse Estate in Houghton-le-Spring, one of the largest residential PassivHaus schemes in the UK. At the other end of the scale are many small community projects aiming to make targeted improvements to the local environment, such as those lead by Groundwork.
Over the coming months and years, our contributors will aim to bring you features and comment to help you make sense of sustainability in our region. Read on…
- Extinction Rebellion in the North East - 28 April 2019
- Dewley Hill and our Climate Emergency - 22 April 2019
- There Is No Away - 31 March 2019
- A Breath of Fresh Air - 13 March 2019
- Top Posts of 2018 - 31 December 2018
- Each Home Counts - 11 December 2018
- E-bike Maintenance - 28 October 2018
- Two Ecohomes Secure Planning Permission - 16 July 2018
- Upper Ouseburn Restoration Project - 29 June 2018
- Footprint 2018 - 22 June 2018