Welcome to Tracing Green
This website is dedicated to reporting and promoting the best in sustainable design, green building and eco-living in the North East of England.
The North East already has a lot to be proud of. Besides the numerous individuals and organisations working in sustainable design, construction and technology, we have some excellent research institutions including Northumbria university, and the National Renewable Energy Centre (NaREC) in Blyth. We also have a growing portfolio of green buildings including the Racecourse Estate in Houghton-le-Spring, one of the largest residential PassivHaus schemes in the UK. At the other end of the scale are many small community projects aiming to make targeted improvements to the local environment, such as those lead by Groundwork.
Over the coming months and years, our contributors will aim to bring you features and comment to help you make sense of sustainability in our region. Read on…
- Wilding by Isabella Tree - 31 August 2020
- In the Driver’s Seat - 8 July 2020
- Five Years and Counting - 31 January 2020
- Oak Tree Passivhaus - 30 December 2019
- Climate Conversation with Ryan Maughan - 30 November 2019
- E-bike Service - 31 October 2019
- Newcastle’s Global Climate Strike - 27 September 2019
- Climate Conversation with Dr. Meryl Batchelder - 15 August 2019
- Flight Behaviour - 30 July 2019
- Rewilding – A Solution for Climate Change? - 15 June 2019