Welcome to Tracing Green
This website is dedicated to reporting and promoting the best in sustainable design, green building and eco-living in the North East of England.
The North East already has a lot to be proud of. Besides the numerous individuals and organisations working in sustainable design, construction and technology, we have some excellent research institutions including Northumbria university, and the National Renewable Energy Centre (NaREC) in Blyth. We also have a growing portfolio of green buildings including the Racecourse Estate in Houghton-le-Spring, one of the largest residential PassivHaus schemes in the UK. At the other end of the scale are many small community projects aiming to make targeted improvements to the local environment, such as those lead by Groundwork.
Over the coming months and years, our contributors will aim to bring you features and comment to help you make sense of sustainability in our region. Read on…
- Two Ecohomes Secure Planning Permission - 16 July 2018
- Upper Ouseburn Restoration Project - 29 June 2018
- Footprint 2018 - 22 June 2018
- The plastic pegs that should be hung out to dry - 23 May 2018
- No Time to Waste - 30 March 2018
- E-bike Diary – Summer - 7 February 2018
- Wise on Waste - 16 January 2018
- A Postcard from Madagascar - 2 January 2018
- Top Posts of 2017 - 22 December 2017
- Community Scale Retrofit in County Durham - 28 August 2017